Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Learning never ends...

As we get older sometimes we think that we know everything (or at least all we need to know in order to survive), or we may think that there's no room for any new information, or in my case, the technology in front of me freaks me out.  Well this weekend I had to come face to face with my fears, when people I usually rely on for such things were already busy with important things as well, so I took a deep breath and jumped in.

When I graduated from high school in 1999, I still had dial-up internet at home and sought out books for answers, so this time around was much simpler when all I had to do was Google "how to use iMovie".  I was excited when all sorts of YouTube videos popped up to help me in my venture.  The one at the top of the list was by a young boy, I would guess about 12 years old, and I figured if he had done it then I sure has hell could do it too.


Here's the video I watched :)


As a film producer I do a lot of work to make films be made, but in my case that usually does not involve editing, graphics, basically anything that has to do with computers or tech items.  But when push comes to shove, sometimes you have to give yourself a bit of a kick in the ass and learn new things.  So this weekend, misfit pictures (a production company run by my husband, myself and a friend) needed to get together some clips from our upcoming film, WHAT THE SEA GIVES ME, for a local news producer, and both my husband and our partner were working on other projects, so I took the bull by the horns.

First off I had to find the clips I wanted to use and the segments within them that I needed to pull out.  Secondly, I had to upload all the clips into iMovie, which took quite a while depending on the length of the clip.  Then, after all the clips were uploaded I had to cut them down into the segments I wanted, before arranging them in the order I preferred.  Lastly I added title cards.  Unfortunately for me I didn't realize that it would then take over a hour to upload the video to Vimeo, and this after I started a WeTransfer that didn't work out, then had to figure out how to convert the file to the correct type, before the final upload to Vimeo.

So after all of my hard work, I did it, I made a video!!!  I feel very proud of my accomplishment and I look forward to making more videos soon, ones that I will be able to share, because unfortunately I can't share this one with you just yet.  But I do promise to post it once the feature film has been released.

In the mean time please take a few minutes to check out what we are currently working on :)

Teaser for WHAT THE SEA GIVES ME



Trailer for RESURF

No comments:

Post a Comment